Monday, December 1, 2008

I did it!!!!!!!
















I did it! I finished the half marathon!!!! I beat my goal which was 2:45....I made it in 2:39:16- YAY!!!! Here are a few pictures from the race and the FL vs. FSU game. I am not sure if I will ever do another half marathon...a friend is trying to convince me to do the half marathon in February, but I'm just not sure. This one was not exactly fun. I never experienced the "runners high" like I did during the River Run....it just HURT. There was little motivation, no festive spirit...It was truly just a personal accomplishment for me. Maybe I should try a different race just for comparison...we'll see! I was in pain the day of, sore the next day...but by Saturday afternoon I felt all better! Strange...maybe all the training helps with the recovery process more so than during the race. Who knows! I am very proud to say that I am a half marathon finisher...and God bless those who do full marathons!!!

5 comments:

Todd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany said...

Congrats! You are awesome!

melissa d said...

Congratulations on the race, what a big accomplishment!!

Go Gators!!

Brian, Jolee & Noah said...

You rock! Congrats!

Go Gators!

Melissa said...

You are a rock star!