Monday, September 8, 2008

Always a Bridesmaid....or a Cake Peddler!








So after my loooong day on Saturday...I had another loooong day on Sunday. For the past 2 weekends, I volunteered to help my mom's friend, Theresa, at 2 bridal expos. Theresa owns a cake business called Simply Delicious! And that describes her cakes, exactly!! It was a hobby that turned into a career for her, I love that! Her cakes are beautiful and truly taste good. She is in a group called "It's Your Wedding"...every vendor you would ever need is housed in 1 location, although you don't have to use all vendors, only what you need. So at these bridal expos, we serve samples of 3 different cakes and pass out cards and smile and look cute! It is a lot of fun, especially for me as an event planner at heart! However, I was so busy I didn't get to make the rounds to see what other vendors were there for possible jobs down the road. But both Sundays were TONS of fun, laregly due to the "DJ & party starters" that were right next to us!!! So we had music going the whole time and dancing and cute DJs! So if anyone needs a cake...for wedding, groomasmen, birthday, anniversary, etc...check out http://www.simplydeliciouscakes.com/!

No comments: