Monday, October 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Mason!




I cannot believe Mason is 2 yrs old! This past weekend, one of my dearest friends Melissa, had a b-day party for her little boy who recently turned 2. I truly cannot believe how time flies! I still remember like it was yesterday that Sunday night (2 years ago), Melissa and I had gone to get coffee. She was telling me how labor was just not happening and that baby boy Dewolf (we didn't know his name yet!) just wasn't budging! She had an appt that week to schedule a c-section...low and behold, the next day she called me and said Mason had been born!!! SO FUNNY how that happens! One minute you are just waiting...and the next minute, you are parents!! Mason wasn't feeling great this Saturday and hadn't had a nap, so he was a little more subdued than normal, but it was still SO fun to celebrate his birthday, Elmo style of course! I still blows me away sometimes to think that my friends are parents. I can still remember when we were teenagers or crazy college girls.! To think that now we will become someone's mom is almost unbelievable! But when I see my friends with their babies...it is the most natural sight in the world! I hope my "nephews & nieces" one day appreciate and laugh at our funny stories from high school and college...as long as they don't get any ideas!!!!!! My friends that are mothers are the most loving, caring, nurturing moms ever, I hope one day when it is my turn, that I will be right up there with them!

1 comment:

melissa d said...

You are quick, his birthday made your blog before mine :o). We are so glad that you could make join us.