

I was talking to my friend Monica on Friday night, before the Race for the Cure...and she was telling me that she was having people over the next night for a low key dinner. I jokingly commented that "I would be there with bells on!" (since she lives 3 hours away in Tampa) and she said "Well, you are welcome to join us."
Soooooo...I did!! After the race on Saturday, I showered, had a little breakfast and hopped in the car to head to Tampa! I haven't done something that spontaneous in a while, and it felt great! It is these times, that I am thankful for my "single" status. It did feel very freeing to not have to check with someone else before leaving, or to have to consider anything else, other then the fact that I felt like going to Tampa for dinner with friends! Now, that feeling did subside somewhat when I was having dinner with 3 couples.....and me. BUT, as you can see from my previous post, the other single guy and I hit it off wonderfully! We had a nice dinner and some wine....and talked and watched sports and just relaxed! It as a nice visit and I was home by 1pm on Sunday. So a quick trip, but nice change of scenery for the evening!
So to all the single girls out there....ENJOY the simple freedoms that being single brings! AND don't lose heart...I am being open and honest because I don't want any "skeletons in my closet"....if my new guy and I could hit it off like we did, that just confirms that there is someone out there for everyone!!
2 comments:
Good for you friend!!
Very cool! I'm glad you were able to make it to Tampa. BTW, your new boyfriend is REALLY cute! :-)
Post a Comment