Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Happy Halloween! (Early!)




This was quite the busy weekend! My very dear friend Jen was in town this weekend from Atlanta. I had her, Melissa & Mason, my mom (and Megan stopped by) over on Friday night for dinner! Mason was a HOOT and was our entertainment for the evening! Pictures to come.....


I miss Jen so much!! It was soooo good to see her and catch up over lasagna and vino. Saturday, mom and I took a trip to Garden Ridge. LOVE that place! They have huge selections of things and for very reasonable prices. I got a few Halloweeny decorations, including a football jack-o-lantern that is SUPER cute! and a few fall decorations. They have a ton of Christmas stuff out already...doesn't it seem too early for that???? Anyway, after arriving home from Gardenridge, I went to work in the kitchen! I was having a Candle Party at my house on Sunday and I wanted to do a "Halloween" theme. I ended up being in the kitchen from 2:45pm until 10:30pm!!!!!!!!!!! It was bordering on RIDICULOUS!!! I listened to the Gators stomp LSU (Go Gators!) while I was baking...and just as I thought I couldn't do anymore...I was finally finished! Part of the problem is that I had to keep washing my bakeware in between since I only have a limited amount of bakewear. Plus, some of the things had to cool in between, etc...


Anyway, my menu was: pumpkin chocolate chip bars, spider web cupcakes, witches hats, witches brooms, 5 layer dip with spooky shaped tortilla chips, artichoke dip, pizza bites and pumpkin cheese balls. I have attached a few pictures!


Sunday was the candle party, and it was fun! I had 10 girls over...we ate, looked at candles and visited. It was a nice way to end the weekend...and thank goodness everyone ate my snacks!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I am so sorry I had to miss it. Those snacks are so cute!!! I love the pumpkin cheese balls!!!! And now I want to go to Garden Ridge :).

Tiffany said...

Wow! I am impressed with your creative cooking.

melissa d said...

Your halloween snacks look delicious. We had so much fun Friday, thanks for inviting us :o).