

This was the funniest saying that I saw over and over again on Saturday! My mom and I did the 5K Race for the Cure which benefits the Susan G. Komen foundation. Mom picked me up at 6:45 on Saturday which felt soooo early! We got down to the race and hung out waiting for the rest of our group to arrive, the race was at 8am. This is the 2nd year I have done this race...it is one of my favorites because of the cause and enthusiasm of the walkers/runners!!! People walk/run with pieces of pink paper pinned to their shirts that say who they are running "in memory" of or "in celebration" of...it is very inspirational and moving at times. There are tons of people wearing pink....guys and girls. And LOTS of men with phrases like the above on there shirts....or ones like "Squish a Boob, Save a Life"...I even saw some dressed in costume and some with pink tutus rollerblading on the course. Too funny!
I ran my "personal best" in this race. I ran it in 31:50!!! It felt REALLY hard though, I think I need to do more outdoor running to get back into shape. My mom did the race too, she walked with her co-workers...and she didn't know that I saw her, but I saw her jog the last 25 feet or so and over the finish line! I was very proud of her! I can't believe I am even saying this....but you heard it here first...I am going to do a half marathon!!!!!! Can you believe it??? I am shooting for the OutBack Classic which is on Thanksgiving Day...but will keep you posted as to which race I decide to do. It is a very scary thought...but a nice goal to have! Stay tuned!
1 comment:
So proud of you!
Post a Comment